It’s rather disheartening to see so many inaccuracies creeping into your articles.
Allow me to offer some balance.
1. The figures of children killed come from the Gaza Health authorities and have now been independently shown to contain multiple listings of the same children. The figures are fudged. Also, you make no mention of the hundreds of Israeli children Hamas has tried to kill with the 2,600 rockets they have fired at civilian areas.
2. If the Taliban Pakistan, or anyone, fired a nuclear missile it would destroy the Al Aqsa Mosque, the 12 stations of the cross, and kill several million Arabs, Jews & Christians. Jerusalem is home to hundreds of thousands of Arabs which you suggest the Taliban are happy to kill.
3. Netanyahu’s brother was not killed by Idi Amin. He was shot by Arab terrorists who had hijacked a plane of innocent people and threatened to massacre them. Do you agree with hijacking?
4. Arafat was not poisoned, as two autopsies carried out this year have proven; unless you
5. Ban Ki-Moon has said BOTH sides may be guilty of war crimes. There is a Murdoch like bias to cite only one part of his statement.
6. Bob Carr denies any war crimes or atrocities in Sri Lanka – at odds with the governments of England, Canada and the UN Security Council. His position on what constitutes a military action has been condemned world-wide. Ask the Tamils if Carr is right and they are free and safe and face no persecution.
7. Chistopher Pyne did not “applauded murder”, he pointed out that Israel has a right to defend itself. Some people would rather Hamas succeeded in massacring millions more Jews. I am not one of them.
8. “We see now and feel now how those Germans felt who saw the Jews in hundreds going into cattle trucks and falsely said, ‘We never knew’. Precisely that kind of contemporaneous Holocaust denial is freezing the minds and stilling the mouths of Jewish Australians today. And Bibi is killing a child every hour.”
This is the most vile, amoral and libelous statement I have ever read. I presume you will be sued for this.
There is no denial of what is going on. Read any Israeli newspaper or their media and they report every military action and the death toll. They are not denying the war, they are in fact loudly and proudly showing the tunnels filled with weapons and rockets, IDF uniforms to be used to disguise suicide bombers. There is an Israeli hospital treating the wounded, including the wife of the Hamas military commander.
What you and others are doing is using the Holocaust to justify Hamas’ terrorism. I don’t know your motives for this, but if you think the deaths of 1300 people in a regional war is in anyway akin to the genocide of 6 million, then I feel sorry for you and wonder where your hatred stems from.
Perhaps you can ask the Labor leaders you worked and wrote for – Beazley, Latham, Shorten – how they justify the mass murder of Iraqi and Afghani civilians; why they support the use of drones to kill innocent people and why, when our troops kills families, we apologise and pay them a few thousand dollars?
Why did Labor support the invasion of Iraq which has left a million dead; and the invasion of Afganistan? Can anyone in the Labor movement answer this?
1. The ‘one child an hour’ figure comes from a journalist on the ground on RN this morning.
2. The Taliban Pakistan would aim at, obviously, Tel Aviv, not their own holy places.
3. Joni Netanyahu led an attack on Entebbe Airport, and members of Amin’s army killed him. He was the only casualty apart from Mrs Bloch, a passenger murdered in Entebbe hospital. I do not, and did not, agree with the hijacking.
4. Arafat was poisoned, or coincidentally encountered polonium, a radioactive essence favoured by the KGB. Mossad had previously blown up much of his headquarters, killing many of his assistants, in a year-long siege. Why would they not poison him, if they could?
5. Ban Ki-Moon deplored the deaths of civilians. A thousand Gazan civilians have died, one Israeli.
6. What has that to do with anything? Bob Carr condemns the settlements, and is a forty-year ‘Friend of Israel’.
7. If not murder, what is he applauding? The instant resurrection of four hundred dead children? It does not much matter how many Jews Hamas would like dead, any more than it matters how many Muslims Morrison believes will burn in Hell. It matters how many they kill. Thus far they are lagging behind Israel by tens of thousands, by a factor of, probably, eighty to one.
Sue me. And I will you for calling me an anti-Semite. I have, like you, twenty million Jewish ancestors and unlike you have written in praise of six hundred Jewish writers, film directors, actors, composers, thinkers and scientists.
As to the 1300 versus six million: each man, woman or child dies only once. To his family, if they survive him, this is horrible. It means a thousand descendants will not be born, grow up, go to university, marry, have grandchildren. My father was a Jew and I am involved in the Holocaust, as you. I ‘lost’ many, many Polish relatives I never knew. I lost a sister I did know and she means more to me than all of them. I think of her every day. She was a half-Jew, like me, and she outweighs all the others, as do the four little dead boys on the beach in the hearts of their two mothers. Six million others do not, in their hearts, their souls, outweigh, out-score them. How dare you keep score in this way? Keep a tab? How dare you? This is not a fucking football game. It is death upon death upon death, which Rabin bewailed.
But there is another kind of anti-Semitism, and the Arabs are Semites too. And it is this which, inch by inch, and ‘incursion’ by ‘incursion’, destroys a nation’s will to live, like the Holocaust of Stolen Children here, and the internal exile of Native Americans, after a hundred million of them were exterminated in the sixteenth and seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. It is like the exile and hunting down of the Gypsies, the Armenians, the Scottish Highlanders, the dissident Irish, the Cathars.
Spare me your copyright on suffering. I, as a Semite, do not have it. Nor do you.
Labor OPPOSED the invasion of Iraq, you ignorant lying shit. I refer you to Crean’s speech at the docks: you’re off to the wrong war, but our hearts go with you.
They supported Afghanistan.
You have repeatedly libelled me, and I ask the name of your lawyer.
I apologise, I have several facts wrong and you are right about these. But as to some other issues we can discuss.
1. The ALP supported the invasion of Iraq and agreed in Parliament that there were WMD. Crean said he didn’t support the invasion, but supported the troops conducting the invasion. That made no sense and he was dumped a few months later. Rudd supported both military actions and Hansard confirms this.
2. You have raised this about Arafat before. You’ll appreciate my desire for proof. Two autopsies, including by the leading French specialist, could find no evidence of poisoning.
3. Your death figures of civilians refer only to this current conflict, and not the hundreds slaughtered by suicide bombers and the five wars the Arbas launched since 1948.
4. I have never said you are an anti-semite! Where did you get that from? Please show me the lines or sentences that accuse you of this. I have NEVER accused you of this and I resent the implication. I also didn’t know you are Jewish as I did read that you said your grandmother was a convert. I apologise then as I didn’t know your Jewish family had died in the Holocaust and that you and your father are Jewish.
5. You are most right about the Armenians, native Americans, Gypsies and others. Point taken and I agree.
6. My lawyer is Capital Lawyers. Can I ask why you are going to sue me for discussing the situation in the Middle East? It seems … well, disproportionate.
You have a point. I withdraw the threat of court action, and accept your partial apology.
My grandmother Rachel Larkman was a Jew, and, after she ran away with and, as I understand it, did not marry Robert Ellis, a seedy dance-hall owner easy to imagine and was disinherited of millions, was converted to Seventh-Day Adventism, a Sabbattarian apocalyptic American religion which invented Weet-Bix and made early films on lung cancer and raised and unsettled me.
And so it goes.
You lost me after your first point: “The figures of children killed come from the Gaza Health authorities and have now been independently shown to contain multiple listings of the same children. The figures are fudged. Also, you make no mention of the hundreds of Israeli children Hamas has tried to kill with the 2,600 rockets they have fired at civilian areas”.
Hamas has ‘tried to kill’ hundreds of Israeli children and this somehow justifies the ACTUAL killing of hundreds of Palestinian children?
I smell the stink of antisemitism.
A question: What are the Israelis supposed to do about the constant bombardment of their country with Hamas missiles?
Another question: Why is Hamas using Palestinians as human shields?
Why is Israel killing the human shields?
Why kill anyone?
If a killer is hiding in Strathfield, do we bomb it flat?
If a killer is hiding in the al-Aqsa Mosque do we bomb it flat? Why not?
If Martin Bryant is hiding in Port Arthur, do we bomb it flat? Why not?
I have twenty million Jewish ancestors and admire six hundred Jewish artists, musicians and scientists and have said so in print and I need to sue you.
Please tell me your lawyer’s phone number, or apologise.
Do it now.